Daily shipments have become commonplace for many residents thanks to the rise of online shopping. You love the ease of having goods delivered right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Columbia video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of innovative features, and the technology continues to advance. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s at your door, and receive immediate notifications whenever a package arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Columbia video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and boxes on the surface below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the point of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to cut down on false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to access real-time and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you can access them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.