Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Columbia smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full charge of your Columbia home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- Review live or recorded footage from your linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbia
Although many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Columbia security system. Contact (803) 921-0946 to learn more.