Ways to cut down on false alarms in Columbia
False alarms are an actual concern for a home security system. They not only erode the faith you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Columbia home security system.
As the first step, ensure that all components are installed correctly. This process may sound like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for possible culprits of false alarms, such as a back door that might be kept ajar by accident. And of course, you should try to incorporate the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Columbia.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Columbia?
Just like you would address any problem, the initial step is to reference the guidebook. Ensure all devices are set up properly on your end by:
- Performing a system analysis via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your preset schedules to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart components are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Call your Vivint specialist if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Columbia security system. They'll gladly send out a tehnician to inspect your equipment.
Inspect your doors and windows
When your installation appears to be installed properly, the next step is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your windows and doors shut tight, or do you find some accidentally cracked? If an entry point stays unsecured, it could trigger a motion sensor. If your family constantly fails to shut an entrance, you could install a smart locking system that locks automatically when your system is engaged. Sadly, windows need extra manual maintenance, particularly if you have a loved one who prefers to fall asleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to disengage that device while still shielding the rest of the property.
Home automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Columbia
One of the smartest methods to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms caused by absentmindedly opening doors or windows. Then have it automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm when your smart lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system as you exit the property, then disengage when you return.
- Receive cell phone updates when your devices detect unusual activity or require a fresh battery.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you may turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Columbia with a Vivint smart home installation
Increased command over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (803) 921-0946 or send in the form on this page.